Poetic Champions Compose

~~She'll loan you her toothbrush, She'll bartend your party~~



EMAIL ME! -- pesadidas[AT]yahoo[DOT]com

HELP ME GET A FREE PHOTO iPOD...PLEASE!!!
Monday, January 12, 2004
  A GODDAMN APPLE
What an interesting weekend I had.

This past weekend was spent in the big city again (Mac will certainly start to think I am intentionally avoiding her since another Philly weekend has come and gone without a McCrossen's rendezvous), this time for Bri's birthday. Originally, plans were to go to the Flyers game on Saturday, but things didn't quite pan out. That was quite alright though, since we instead spent a relaxing afternoon lounging about after our initial Friday night of bar-hopping (ok--more like bar-hop since we only hit Rembrandt's and McCrossen's). Surprisingly enough, the brutally bitter cold (a whopping six degrees) was NOT a deterrent for people on Friday. Maybe people had bad weeks, or maybe it was the impending Eagles game, but for whatever reason, Remy's was packed, and so was McCrossen's. A good time was had by all at both hot spots, but as The Suz so aptly stated on Friday, while Rembrandt's is a nice place with a wonderful barman (no one knows how to pull a Guinness like Joe Danks), there is just something about McCrossen's that is so much more "comfortable." Every time we walk into that place, whether it has been one week, one month, or one year, people remember us and are always glad to see us. We have made a whole lot of great new friends through Brian, and McCrossen's has become our second home (only after McArdle's). I personally, was glad to spend yet another Friday evening late night at Mickey C's with the whole cast of characters.

Saturday was Bri's actual birthday, and again, we hit McCrossen's for some early dinner action...which somehow managed to evolve into another evening of drinks. I started off with a lovely Black Oak chardonnay to accompany my French Onion soup and Tuna and Scallop burger. Dee-LISH. The wine was flowing freely for a few hours when I decided I needed to try something new.

You faithful readers may recall my somewhat less than pleasurable experience with the dirty Grey Goose martini during my last visit to Philadelphia. I was now determined to find a martini I liked, and so, I thought I would give the martini name another shot. This time, I ordered an apple martini. Let me tell you, when I tasted this drink, it was as if the heavens opened up and a great white light and a chorus of angels had appeared. To quote George Costanza, it was like, "a taste explosion." This stuff is like legal crack in a glass. Oh. My. What a freakin' awesome drink. We passed the glass around, and after tasting, agreed that it was indeed, quite delectable. But, perhaps Brian summed it up best when he said, "That tastes exactly like a goddamn apple." So addictive.

I had 3 apple martinis (on top of my 5 glasses of wine) and I was basically, worthless after that. Not sloppy, but a tad schnoopered. We ordered some wings and calamari to go, and proceeded to head back to the apartment. It was nary midnight at this point. We got back to Brian's and we chowed down, put on pj's, watched 2 seconds of hockey, and passed out (in that order).

Sunday morning rolled around, and we dragged ourselves out of bed by 10:30 am to head to the diner for breakfast. A quick pit stop at the Whole Foods Market after we ate was punctuated by the most annoying man ever and his 3-year-old son doing their grocery shopping in every single spot in the store that we wanted to be in. We specifically went to the store for some garlic-stuffed olives, and this guy and his kid were (literally) inspecting and sniffing every single container of olives that was in the case. He actually allowed the 3-year-old to choose the olives. We were baffled at this, until, later on in an attempt to quiet the fussing child, he gave the kid olives--and the kid was eating them like they were candy. Unreal.

After the grocery shopping was finished, and we were finally able to ditch the annoying guy and his olive-eating freak child, we again went back to the apartment to lounge and lollygag on a lazy (such alliteration!) Sunday afternoon. We watched a few early afternoon hockey games (gotta love NHL Center Ice®), some NFL playoff action (but not the Eagles), and mostly, we watched the Philadelphia Park horse racing channel. It's always fun to watch the races and make friendly $1 wagers amongst friends--which we did. Again, I was reminded of why I should never take up gambling--I have the worst luck in the world. I did not get one pick correct all afternoon. All my dollar bills, down the drain. But, it was fun anyway.

We hung around into the evening hours, but decided it best to get the heck out of Dodge before the Eagles game ended in order to avoid the traffic death trap that is the Schuylkill Expressway. Needless to say, I got ZERO work done over the weekend, but, I had very little that needed to be completed to begin with.

The best part of the whole weekend--and perhaps the most ironic--was that I returned home to find that awaiting me in my mail was a hand-knitted hat from Mac over at Go Fish! Woo hoo! It is so freakin' awesome--I just love it! Thank you, Mac! The color is so unique, and the style is perfect for me (picture to follow soon). I hope you will all be über-jealous of me as I proudly sport my new "fishknit" hat. It's the bestest (and yes, I can make "bestest" a word if I want to).
 
There's a dream where the contents are visible
Where the poetic champions compose...

~Van Morrison, "Queen of the Slipstream"

Edgar Allan Poe




Get Firefox!
Search My Site
   Search provided by Bravenet

RECENTLY COMPOSED

YOU LIKE ME! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!
REALITY TV: ROUND 38
IT'S NO GRAPES AND A POT OF WATER, BUT IT'S TRADIT...
COMING SOON...
MY PRECIOUSSSSSS...
YOU'LL FIND ME IN THE STACKS
EJ-YOO-KAY-TUD
SMOOTH SAILING...SORT OF
HEL-LLLLOOOOO!!!!
I WOULD NAME HER ROCK AND ROLL

PREVIOUSLY COMPOSED
  • 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
  • 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
  • 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
  • 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
  • 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
  • 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
  • 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
  • 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
  • 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
  • 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
  • 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
  • 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
  • 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
  • 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
  • 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
  • 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
  • 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006

  • What I am READING Now...

    Check out the list in my posts for current summer reads...


    Links

    Google
    FX's Buffy Site
    Yzerman Cup Fantasy Hockey
    Garrison Starr Official Site
    explodingdog
    Dubya Speak
    Official Ellen DeGeneres site
    Homestarrunner
    The Onion
    Eddie Bauer Online


    BUFFY Quotes of the Day
    Anya: It's possible that he's in the land of perpetual Wednesday, or the crazy melty land, or you know, th-the world without shrimp.
    Tara: There's a world without shrimp? I'm allergic.

    ~from "Triangle"


    Anya: I don't see you winning too many beauty contests... unless the Miss "My Face Fell Off" Pageant gets going.

    ~from "Bargaining: Part Two"

    Anya: Here's a little something you should know about Vengeance Demons. We don't groove with the "sorry." We prefer the "Oh God, please stop hitting me with my own rib-bones!"

    ~from "Same Time, Same Place"


    Buffy: It's just like, nothing's simple. I'm always trying to work it out. Who to hate, or love...who to trust...It's like the more I know, the more confused I get.
    Giles: I believe thats called growing up.
    Buffy: I'd like to stop then, ok?

    ~from "Lie to Me"


    Riley: Got big stories to tell you, too. We get half a sec, we can compare and contrast.
    Buffy: Did you die?
    Riley: No.
    Buffy: I'm gonna win.

    ~from "As You Were"


    Xander: Giles lived for school. He's still bitter there were only 12 grades.
    Buffy: He probably sat in math class thinking, "There should be more math! This could be mathier!"

    ~from "The Dark Age"


    Giles: In the end, we are all who we are, no matter how much we may have appeared to change.

    ~from "Lessons"


    Dawn: How are you?
    Willow: A little confused. I mean, I'm sweaty, I'm trapped, no memory, hiding in a pipe from a vampire...and I think I'm kinda gay.

    ~from "Tabula Rasa"


    Buffy



    101 Reasons Why I Love Buffy the Vampire Slayer






    I'm a Woman, so, my mood is always subject to change, but at the moment it's... The current mood of PDawg at www.imood.com


    iPod Mini


    I'm beginning to understand this now. It's all about the journey, isn't it?

    ~Giles, "Restless"

    The End of an Era


    Once More, From the Top...